description

About the Chatak-Matak food I ate at places around

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sangamner Pohe

 
This time on the way to Nasik, took a deliberate food stop at Sangamner avoiding usual food malls like Daulat or Vithal Kamat. The place I tried is "Athavan Pohe" @ Sangamner, celebrated in one of the "Highway on My Plate" travel & living TV episode, famous for its Pohe. The dish itself it very basic, not very spicy or oily, there is dash of raw onion & bit of sev. Tests like mix of traditional Po...he and "Dadape" pohe, may be because of raw onions. The combination comes together & overall experience is good.

It is maintained like any other small town ST Bus stand side restaurant. But I saw quite a bit of crowd even afternoon. I would not eat there given the ambiance (afternoon bazar, roadfront tables and ST buses hovering around with lot of dust!) But I recommend take away…By the Way…Happy New Year

1 comment: