description

About the Chatak-Matak food I ate at places around

Monday, January 30, 2012

Katakir Misal



Morning breakfast was Katakir Misal. Famous joint on Karve road opposite Garware College for so called Kolhapuri Misal, I guess only because it is hot, But I could not 'taste' any connection between Katakir & Kolhapour's famous Phadtare Misala or Bawadyachi Misal.

Basic ingredient of Misal is suppose to be pulses!  When there is Usal (Pulses) preparation at home, people like us sometime add some sev & curd in it to call it Misal! I could barely found any pulse in Katakir Misal, mainly made up of Farsan, Potato Subji and the special Tarri (hot,oily & Spicy boiled water having all sorts of Masala, onion and oil in it). I think Tarri is the killer here, rest can be easily copied by you & me (no distrust to your cooking skills).

So overall hot experience, pretty crowded in morning, place is small as Misal place is suppose to be! Yes - no matter how famous the misal is or how much money vendor is making, the eatery has to be small & dingy. Show me, famous misla joint with good eating hall & I will buy you that Misal. Small, again small, exception is Vihar Misla at Nasik since he changed from earlier Shyamsundar...I will write sometime about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment