description

About the Chatak-Matak food I ate at places around

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Biryani @ Vanaz Corner, Paud Road

This Biryani is not from any restaurant or an eatery.  A family brings home made Biryani for sale outside Venkey’s chicken shop at Vanaz corner, Paud road. You can find a fruit juice stall next to it. Place could be hard to find as it is nothing more than couple of containers on a small table. Only available in evening 6pm to 7:30pm or so! I had heard about this from one of my friend & tried to find it earlier without any success. But today when I was walking past it, I casually located it & the confirmed with the crowd standing around small table. Yes – being a street foodie, I do keep my eyes and nose open while strolling around.
So – the Biryani – amazing! In my opinion one of the best I have had so far & probably the best I have had in Pune. (I really loved one from a famous outlet near Chaar Minar Hydrabaad, forgot the name). I tried Chicken and Veg from this place. Chicken is awesome, nicely layered, chicken cooked to the perfection (don’t need a knife to separate it out from bones) with all aroma rich rice. Veg one was little oily, mainly the vegetables. But test was good - after all fat tests good.
The shopkeeper lady told me – they don’t get Biryani on Monday & Thursday! Don’t go there looking for one on those days. They also seem to bring other kinds, like mutton, etc. For sure, Saturday is Chicken + Veg!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to have such food (of course veg ones). Being relatively new to Pune, it will be difficult for me to find exact location.

    How about adding location link from Google?

    You can also capture images of this location and upload it for Google street view. This will really help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Mehul - will try the Google link...

    ReplyDelete