description

About the Chatak-Matak food I ate at places around

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pesara Pappu @ SouthIndies

My lunch today was full of authentic south Indian spices @ SouthIndies, university road, next to Pune Central mall. Claim is all the 4 south Indian states have representation on your plate. With whatever little knowledge I have about south Indian food, my guess is, inclination is more towards Andhra food , like Briyani, Hydarabadi Paratha, Gongura pickle & few Pappus!  (Daal cum Curry cum Soup? - pardon my insanity) All those Pappus had very different and delicious taste. My favorite today was Pesara Pappu.
It was served as a soup. Made up of green moong (Split lentils), thin but very smooth & rich taste, one can easily gulp, 2-3 bowl full. I did two & half.  Overall excellent buffet experience at very reasonable cost! One more item worth mentioning was starters - mouth watering small wada (balls), boiled & garnished potatos and onion bajji with coconut chutney. Highly recommended - looking to visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment